Saturday 18 July 2015

The first class for information literacy:
The class was informative. It was good to start with an overview of the history of the subject. The concepts was conveyed in an easy terms. I like the term sunset for information literacy standards.The difference between information literacy standards and information literacy frames was high lighted in the first class. The difference between bibliographic instruction and information literacy was also introduced. After the class the difference between the two concepts was clear.

Interesting links:
http://www.ala.org/acrl/standards/ilframework


Feeling about participating in the course:
I am feeling excited.

My relationship with my colleagues in the class is very good, because we will inform each other about the work. If we see that one next to you has a problem one of the class colleagues will offer some assistance.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Gerald,

    What a great and concise summary of what we covered in lecture one. I do agree that the terminology and concepts of IL was explained in easy and simple terms and made understanding them so much easier than just reading the prescribed article.
    I think we all will have positive comments about our class as upon reflecting for my blog I realized that we do not hesitate to help each other out. Even if someone does not ask for your help but we see them struggling one of us will usually assist. I really am thankful for my classmates!

    Just a word of advice; when you add a link attach it via the "Link" icon in the task bar when you are creating a new post as then it is hyper linked in your post and opens in a new window when one clicks on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey guys

    Just want to say your comments have helped me to catch up with what was covered in class on Tuesday. For the first time in my information career I realized that information literacy is broader when compared to bibliographic instruction.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Gerald

    I came across with your blog which was interesting yes I agree with you the concepts. I like the way you explain it about the history by have a background of the subject it gave use a clear direction

    Good

    ReplyDelete